Junior Editor on Homicide City. That’s how I roll 😉
Homicide City airs on Investigation Discovery in February 2018.
The latest chapter of The Charlie Kirby Show! has Charlie walking around the neighborhood in The Beast Cyclone, with a wind chill of -5°F, wearing just a t-shirt, shorts and boots.
My three nieces do to the Polar Bear Plunge every New Year’s Day. They’ve all been involved for the past 6 years or so. It’s an event to raise funds for charities and help out those in need. In 2016 we decided that it would be fun to make a short video to capture the spirit of the event. I’d like to share it again in 2018!
Happy New Year Friends!!!
XAVC Workflows in Avid
IF YOU HAVE FOOTAGE IN YOUR TIMELINE THAT WAS RECORDED ON THE Canon C100 (AVCHD,) (not C300 that is okay) Sony A7s (.mts) or F3 (AVCHD) or Canon 5D or 7D (.h264) or Panasonic HMC150 (AVCHD) or any other camera that does not record ProRes or DNxHD or DNxHR then don’t use this workflow. Use this workflow instead,
Here is a very helpful article that assisted me in restoring browsing history in Safari. If you are experiencing problems of this nature, hopefully it can help you too!
The feature film “Downloaded” that I worked as assistant editor on, will premiere at SXSW this March!
NEW YORK, NY- January 15, 2012 – VH1′s Emmy award-winning “Rock Docs” franchise will present the world premiere of the long awaited story of the monumental rise and fall of Napster with the documentary “Downloaded” at the SXSW Film Festival. Directed by Alex Winter, “Downloaded” will make its world premiere at the SXSW Film Festival.
Jane’s Addiction show in NYC was nothing short of pure rock and roll magic and larger than life spectacle of cascading reverbed vocals, swirling wall-of-sound guitar, in your face drums, a bass bump you could dance to, supernatural lyrics with the mystical kitch of an Ouija board, nostalgic tales of love, reminiscence on the triumph of romance, beauty throughout youth to age, and Cirque du Soleil like trapeze artists dancing above the audience wearing costumes and masks lifted from a phantasmorgic mind meld of shamanistic psychedelia and boundary streching surrealism.
Biggest ovation of the evening is when Perry brought 2 NYC firefighters on stage and he announced that 100 percent of profits from tonight’s show would be donated to funds to help victims of Hurricane Sandy. ♥ you Jane’s!
Here is a photo that my friend Zach Lear took at the show.
Still Specs for Scanning Images to use in Video Editing
– Scan as close to 4000 pixels in either direction, without going over. For example, if you scan an 8.5” x 11” sheet of paper, it should be about 2909w x 4000h in total pixel count. This would be a dpi of about 363
– Avid and Final Cut Pro both have difficulty working with image sizes larger than 4000 pixels in any direction.
– One dpi setting will not be useful for all scanned images. Please adjust your dpi so that is as close to 4000 pixels in either direction without going over.
– All images must be saved in RGB, not grayscale, CMYK or any color space other than RGB. Most systems will not be able to work with anything other than RGB color space.
– File format should be either .tiff (TIFF) or .tga (Targa).
– Tiff’s should be saved as 8bit, uncompressed, in Mac byte order.
– Targas should be saved 32bit, uncompressed.
This will produce and image file that can be used in SD or HD and be enlarged as much as 208% for HD and 555% for SD with out degradation. Also it will offer a format that is useful in, Final Cut Pro After Effects, Avid and a bunch of other software.